On Thu, Nov 25, 2021 at 06:16:11PM -0600, Amit Kulkarni wrote:
> > I'm aware that I'm pretty late with this, still I'd like to ask in case
> > this is not completely irrelevant.
> >
> > The last entry on https://www.openbsd.org/faq/current.html before
> > 'Roll current' was the libdmx removal:
> > https://cvsweb.openbsd.org/www/faq/current.html?rev=1.1077
> >
> > After the suggested 'rm -f' commands there are still some files around
> > on my system that to me seem to be related:
> >
> > $ find /usr/X11R6/ -iname *dmx*
> > /usr/X11R6/lib/pkgconfig/dmxproto.pc
> > /usr/X11R6/include/X11/extensions/dmx.h
> > /usr/X11R6/include/X11/extensions/dmxproto.h
> >
> > dmx.h and dmxproto.h for example reference the deleted dmxext.h
> > Does that mean this libdmx removal is incomplete or am I just
> > misunderstanding something?
> > Thanks in advance.
>

> try to install sysclean, configure /etc/sysclean.ignore
>
> and do a 'doas sysclean -a', all these files will be gone then.

removing files based on `sysclean -a` output might be dangerous. it
will list all files, even the one still used by packages. it could
result in not working packages.

`sysclean` (without option) is safer.

please note that the stage 'configure /etc/sysclean.ignore' is
important to exclude from the output configuration files (in /etc) you
manually created.

as a remainder, sysclean will only *LIST* files (it is pledged
read-only), and doesn't remove anything itself.

thanks.
--
Sebastien Marie