On 2021-11-29, Amit Kulkarni <amit.o...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 28, 2021 at 5:17 PM Alexander <xan....@posteo.org> wrote:
>> Just to gauge what to expect from this and whether I did this wrong:
>> After configuring /etc/sysclean.ignore I get 3382 files of which 3274
>> are in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/. Are numbers this large to be expected?
>
> 3382 files is too large.

That seems about right for the removed font variants to me. You can't
judge by the number of files, only the filenames.

*If* you don't compile your own software from outside ports/packages, the
files under /usr listed in sysclean's default output (no -a flag) is good.
I do review manually before rm'ing but I have *never* had it suggesT
removing something under /usr that is required. Files outside /usr
need more care.

(And, if you do compile your own software, it's going to break every few
releases on OpenBSD anyway, system call ABIs change fairly frequently).