On 10/03/06, Wijnand Wiersma <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > It sounds like you really have big plans. Maybe it is a good idea to
> > > tell about them, maybe that will make the big companies interested in
> > > sponsoring some of that work.
> >
> > And what... they'll help us out like they helped us with OpenSSH?
>
> Maybe I think too good about people/companies, but maybe if you want
> to create xxxx and a company really likes that they maybe sponsor. If
> you have big plans and need money for that and that company really
> needs feature xxxx they might think hey let's sponsor this.

I doubt this will help. The main idea of OpenBSD development is
freedom, people just hack for fun!

If you are going to "promise to develop xxxx", then you are putting
unnecessary constrains on what you are about to do.

If a company really wants to have this specific feature xxxx that you
are talking about, it may try to write Theo a personal email and ask
if anyone is interested in being sponsored to write this feature xxxx
as they wish. Yes, as developers wish, -- remember, you cannot donate
and say, "I want archaic telnetd rewritten, back in the tree and
promoted on the web-site". :-)

Cheers,
Constantine.