On Mon, Mar 7, 2022 at 8:46 AM Janne Johansson <icepic...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Den sön 6 mars 2022 kl 16:41 skrev Mihai Popescu <mih...@gmail.com>:
> >
> > Since this thread is moving slowly in another direction, let me
>
> True
>
> > reiterate my situation again: I am running a browser (mostly chromium)
> > and the computer slows down on downloads. Since I've checked the
> > downloads rates, I observed they are slow than my maximum 500Mbps for
> > the line.
> > I can reach 320Mbps maximum, but mostly it stays at 280Mbps and the
> > Chromium has 30 seconds delays in everything i do.
>
> I would make sure it is not some kind of DNS thing, 30 second delays
> sounds A LOT
> like trying a "dead" resolver 3 times with 10 secs in between, before
> moving to a "working" one.

By "delay" I mean the time passed from clicking on some Chromium menu
and the actual display of that menu. Even using a tty is slow, login
..... password .... in that disk intense usage period.
Tried Debian and FreeBSD, all are able to write disk and do graphics.
That ZFS on FreeBSD is mind blowing, I hope it's reliable too.

All I wanted was to compare my hardware and disk speeds with someone
running OpenBSD: simple dmesg <-> speed report match, but I think I
hit a taboo again.
Found some discussions on misc@ about that, no clear answer. I think I
will close this thread and see what this ZFS is about :-) .

Thank you all.