It also mentions how to put console on the framebuffer.

--
 Sent from a phone, apologies for poor formatting.

On 22 May 2022 16:33:53 Sandeep Gupta <gupta.sand...@gmail.com> wrote:
Yes, the document does mention:
- standard miniroot supports boot without additional firmware
- by default, the kernel output is on console

On Sat, May 21, 2022 at 2:53 PM Stuart Henderson <stu.li...@spacehopper.org> wrote:
On 2022-05-20, Sandeep Gupta <gupta.sand...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

 This post here (
http://matecha.net/posts/openbsd-on-pi-4-with-full-disk-encryption/) claims
its possible to
boot OpenBSD directly from USB without the need for UEFI on sdcard.
I tried today but couldn't get it to work. I got a blank screen during the
installation process. What I did was
1) updated the eeprom (bootloader)
2) set boot to usb
3) wrote install71.img onto ssd.

The boot process did start but I got a blank screen. I was wondering if
anyone has tried and has had success with booting
OpenBSD directly from USB.

See "ibstall on Raspberry Pi" in the INSTALL.arm64 file.