Hi Misc,

As the OP, i hope you will excuse the top-posting.
Thanks for all the feedback and exciting discussions.

Context/Backstory.. i was using that laptop as its the only system i have with
a remaining working cd/dvd device, which just happened to have OpenBSD
installed.

The 'cdio cdrip' tooling was awesome and just worked, adding a few missing
physical_2_digital albumns to my collection. (if only cdio cddbinfo was fully
functional). this allows me to rip a cd, and listen back to it.

So with that i guess i could run sndio with flags matching to cd bit rate of
44100k. this will be bit-perfect for my purpose, and make the dac light up
green.
I'll test this later this week.

-SUB