> I'm using for few years now on OpenBSD accesspoint (mediaopt hostap)
> based on following miniPCI card:
> # dmesg | grep -e ^ath
> athn0 at pci4 dev 0 function 0 "Atheros AR928X" rev 0x01: apic 5 int 16
> athn0: AR9280 rev 2 (2T2R), ROM rev 22, address 04:f0:21:45:6a:c4
> I don't remember where I bought it, but I think it is one of those, or
> compatibile:
> https://www.pcengines.ch/wle200nx.htm
> If you would build today an accesspoint, on hardware with miniPCI, what
> would you choose, for OpenBSD?
i would choose(and i chose) an external access point. i've been trying for a
long time to do something sane in terms of an access point, but i realized that
the next thing Theo will cut out from obsd would be the 802.11 subsystem. and
don't believe what the same bwfm promises, although 11ac mode is declared
there, but in fact it works like 11n. an external access point is the only
variant. except, of course, the variant to leave obsd. the very concept
professed by obsd will not allow to be anywhere except in the tail of progress.
obsd is not about how to live, it's about how to survive.
if you still choose bwfm, then know that somewhere once every ten downloads the
system will freeze