hiya.

Goal: home (i.e., DHCP external network config) redundant
firewalls with CARP and PFSYNC.

Long ago, I think the word was "CARP and DHCP network
configs don't work well together".  A bit of searching man
pages isn't showing me anything.  A bit of googling is
showing some old solutions that were fairly complicated.

A lot has changed, lots of nifty new tools.  Is there anything
that would make a DHCP-configured redundant FW relatively
straight-forward?  I can think of a lot of reasons why this
would NOT be an easy thing to accomplish, but maybe I've missed
something.

(Goal is to re-acquaint myself with CARP.  I can accomplish
that goal with a "buffer" machine between the CARP/PFSYNC FW
and the outside Internet, but if I can skip the extra machine
and get the benefits of redundancy, I'd like to do so).

Nick.