On Fri, 3 Feb 2023 at 13:49, vitmau...@gmail.com <vitmau...@gmail.com> wrote:
> thank you Stu for the feedback. Turns out the problem was one of the
> cables. It is advertised as 5E, but maybe there is something fishy
> with it. Fact is, I bought another, changed it, and now I got
> something around 95 MBytes/s of LAN transfer rate.

Fast ethernet (100base-T) uses pins 1, 2, 3 & 6 while gigabit needs
all eight.  If you get a cable where one of 4, 5, 7 or 8 is broken (or
someone cheaped out on the cable and it only has two pairs to begin
with) you'll have a cable that can only do 100 mbit, which is about
the speed that you saw.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at dtucker.net)
GPG key 11EAA6FA / A86E 3E07 5B19 5880 E860  37F4 9357 ECEF 11EA A6FA (new)