On 2023-03-01 08:38, Stuart Henderson wrote:

On 2023-03-01, J Doe <gene...@nativemethods.com> wrote:
Hello,

I have a question regarding authentication options in OpenIKED on
OpenBSD 7.2

On my test lab I have one OpenBSD 7.2 machine with OpenIKED configured
to use PSK and a macOS 13.2.1 client that can connect to it.

I read in: man iked.conf that PSK should not be used, so I am now

I don't see that in the iked.conf manual. There is some reference to not
using psk in /etc/examples/iked.conf but it's not clear whether that's
because of the need to share a single psk with all endpoints connecting
via the same iked.conf configuration line (certainly a problem when
you have multiple users from unknown IPs but perhaps not if used for
separately-configured lan-to-lan tunnels with strong randomly generated
psks) or whether it's something else.

We should probably remove that comment.

Wondering if we should actually remove the whole examples/iked.conf
file, it doesn't seem hugely useful..

Hi Stuart and list,

For what it's worth, I found the example to be useful. I know there are a couple of examples in: man iked.conf, but I generally find when I'm learning something new more examples are always better than too few.

- J