Hi,

I'll ask the second question first as it might be easier to implement...

Currently I have found that the dns servers specified in the resolv.conf file are not being used. Instead my machine is prioritizing the ISP obtained servers from the ipcp protocol through the kernel ppp service. Within the hostname.pppoe(x) file is there a way to disable the dns portion of the negotiation?

If not, then this leads to my second question of how do I override OpenBSD's behavior to explicitly not use the dns servers obtained through ipcp but instead use the ones form the resolv.conf file?

I'm not sure when the behavior changed but it is a recent thing either done by an update or by adding my secondary ISP. Right now my system can't send emails because it's using the wrong dns.

Thanks for any ideas.

Kaya