On Fri, 2023-05-12 at 22:07 +0200, Anders Andersson wrote:
> On Fri, May 12, 2023 at 9:39 PM Katherine Mcmillan
> <kmcmi...@uottawa.ca> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Stuart,
> >
> > Thank you for your response.  The upcoming OpenBSD Hackathons
> > aren't published anywhere?  How do new people know where/when they
> > are?
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Katie
>
> From the website you linked: "Hackathon attendees come by invitation
> only. Some new people in the community who show promise are sometimes
> invited to see if they have what it takes. However, hackathons are
> not
> developer training events."

<snip>

Perhaps it might be an idea to develop another tier of these to develop
exactly that.
If only 5% go on to contribute something of value, whether that be
coding or docs, it may well be worth it. It would also contribute to
aspects such as community building which, for a number of community-
based projects (and one or two quite notable ones) is an aspect which
is under-appreciated these days.
Just some thoughts, but community-based projects are only as healthy as
their communities.
Cheers!

--
A Kiwi in Australia,
doing my bit toward raising the national standard.