Hi,

My openBSD installation was successful! I first removed all partitions except for the EFI partition, which I left. Second I created one openBSD partition(type A6) on the freed space, after which I partitioned that partition with auto layout. Then I continued with the regular installation, and after reboot I got the login prompt. So in hindsight it was wise to leave the EFI partition. Perhaps others can benefit from this experience.