Just wondering if it could be ever possible / practicable having
multiple flavors of rdiff-backup on OpenBSD to fix this byzantinisms?

Indeed I know nothing about OpenBSD dealing with the constraint of the
python versioning to let different ports survive - including
rdiff-backup - so don't mind my question too much to let you *upset*..

;)

-- Daniele Bonini