On Thu, Dec 28, 2023, 11:00 Stuart Henderson <stu.li...@spacehopper.org>
wrote:

Not sure how much core dumps will help, but if you can try running
the binaries with problems with LD_DEBUG set in the environment (to
anything) and capture output (e.g. using script(1) as it will likely be
copious) that might give clues.

I'll  likely try another new snapshot today, then try the above if it
persists.

How are you updating packages / which mirror? Do you have anything left
in /usr/local/{bin,sbin,lib} etc which still reference any libc.so.97?

Upgrade process:
doas sysupgrade
login
doas sysmerge
doas pkg_add -uiv
doas reboot

/etc/installurl is http://mirrors.sonic.net/pub/OpenBSD

And yes, quite a lot of stuff referencing libc.so.97.1  in /usr/local - 223
files in bin, 361 in lib, 0 in sbin.

I've been running -current and just rolling snapshots on this machine since
March 2021, somewhere between 6.8 and 6.9-RELEASE. It was initially
configured with softraid crypto the old manual-intervention-during-install
way. Several times along the way, I've ended up with a box that thinks it's
on -RELEASE but is a chimaera of -CURRENT snapshot stuff. The most recent
happened in the days leading up to 7.4-RELEASE. In these cases, I just add
-s the sysupgrade and/or -D snap to pkg_add to get past it.

It's possible I need a fresh install. Everything is backed up weekly.

Are you doing anything unusual with LD_PRELOAD (e.g. using a socks
wrapper)?

No. Not at all.