> On Jan 12, 2024, at 21:31, Implausibility <open...@hottub.ca> wrote:
>
> Hi.
>
> Since there's some uncertainty around the future of VMware Fusion on the Mac,
> I've decided to switch to UTM (with QEMU under the covers) -- but I can't
> seem to get OpenBSD .isos (7.3 or 7.4) to boot -- instead, I get dumped into
> the UEFI shell, which is a dead end.
>
> I've done a number of searches (on the mailing list and the web in general),
> and all of the results are for running the ARM64 port on the M-series Macs --
> but my target machine has an Intel CPU.

I've installed OpenBSD on my Mac Studio m2 max, you need a few tweaks but it
works, keep it mind that running a desktop is near to impossible because really
laggy.

1. Create a new VM
2. Select Skip ISO boot option
3. Add a new drive and import the .img file

Now it should boots fine. IIRC, I've followed these instructions [0].

[0]: https://nomnp.com/plaintext/utmopenbsd

HTH,

--
David