Kapetanakis Giannis [bil...@edu.physics.uoc.gr] wrote:
> Has anyone tried these HUNSN mini pcs/routers with multiple interfaces?
>
> I'm thinking of getting one for home routing. Does it work with OpenBSD?
> (dmesg?)
>
> Performance? Will it route/firewall at 1Gbps? Intel N100 seems to be low on
> TDP and gives numbers.
>
> Any problems with I226? I've read about issues with I225 in the past.

Some of the N100 boards are missing options in the BIOS like default
power-on from what I've read.

I have a couple and my complaint is the build quality is poor. I got
8 units and at least 1 is questionable. USB ports blink on and off
when you breathe on it and probably more, i haven't spent much time yet.
I don't know if these are the same as the HUNSN brand, just some
shitty manufacturer, or something else. I haven't even looked to see
if the BIOS has power-on default yet.

I don't have a ton of experience with them but my early and late i225 boards
don't seem to have the problems under if_igc that they have under Windows
where the chip isn't initialized, shuts off, whatever. I had nothing but
trouble with cards based on the early realtek 2.5gbps chips, despite kevlo's
attempts to improve if_rge. I ended up throwing them away before his last
round of fixes.

My i225 and i226 are consistently good for whatever that's worth. I'd expect
i226 to be ok.

Chris