On Feb 19 22:33:53, kir...@korins.ky wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Feb 2024 22:15:40 +0100,
> Jan Stary wrote:
> >
> > On Feb 19 22:08:40, kir...@korins.ky wrote:

> > > thanks, but I right now I do have:
> > >
> > >   ~ $ rcctl get sndiod flags
> > >   -f rsnd/0 -F rsnd/1 -F rsnd/2
> >
> > Do you actualy want to switch between the three?
> > What are the three audio devices you want to use, and why?
>
> I use the rsnd/1 or rsnd/2 to listen music via wireless headphones,

Why do you have two of those?

> and rsnd/0 with wired headset to make video calls.
>
> I never use display's audio and it creates only issue for me.

To be clear: even when you connect the display,
presumably because you want to use it as a display
(and maybe even its camera), you want the sound
to stay at whatever snd device you are using;
in particular, you don't want sndio to switch
to the new snd device provided by the newly plugged
display's uaudio.

Is there a setting in the display
that would completely disable its audio?

> Let take two use cases:
> 1. Listen some music when laptop is connected to the display on wireless
>    headphones by attaching USB dongle;
> 2. Connect laptop to the display when listen some music on wireless
>    headphones via USB dongle.
>
> The first one leads to rsnd/2 as desired device, and the second one to
> rsnd/1 as desired device.
>
> As side effect of (2) music might be redirect to the display which has
> quite hight default level of volume.
>
> So, right now to attach laptop to the screen and do not wake famly up at
> the night I should:
>  - pause the music;
>  - deattach USB dongle;
>  - connect laptop to the screen;
>  - attach USB dongle;
>  - and finaly resume music.

You could also detach-and-reattach the headphones dongle
*after* you attach the display.

You could also send a dmesg showing all of those devies.