On Sun, March 3, 2024 11:50 am, Otto Moerbeek wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 03, 2024 at 10:47:31AM -0000, beecdadd...@danwin1210.de
> wrote:
>

>> hi list I want to know how many rounds my computer defaults to for
>> bioctl -r, so I can change it and know how stronger it is can you help
>> me?
>>
>> after reading mount manual about DUID I realized that it is not working
>>  for me as expected in /etc/fstab I have the same DUID I got from
>> disklabel of that same crypto volume (sd3), and when I do mount sd3i, it
>> goes to look at fstab and should find that same DUID.i entry, but it
>> gives me this mount: can't find fstab entry for sd3i.
>>

>> the fstab line is this DUID-of-sd3.i /mnt/extssd ffs
>> rw,noatime,noexec,nodev,nosuid 0 0
>
> When you have a duid entry in fstab, you should refer to is by duid.

But manual says this
"If it is a DUID, it will be automatically mapped to the appropriate entry
in /dev"
I assumed the opposite would be true, if I did mount sd3i, and that mount
would check it's DUID and check in fstab for it it does not do that?

>> the real RAID non-crypto volume of external ssd is sd2, as said crypto
>> volume gets attached as sd3
>>
>> and on topic of fstab, I couldn't find what the last two '0 0' are
>> called, I remember linux has had it in manual in past so I know they say
>> if system can boot without those drives or something like that
>
> You did not look very hard:

true.. I was looking for numbers, but numbers were written in words
instead of 0 1 2... my bad, I hope it was readable so I could find it
quickly