On Sun, Apr 07, 2024 at 12:03:21AM -0700, lati...@vcn.bc.ca wrote:
Hello

i have 1 DELL Latitude E4300 that had OBSD 7.3 working correctly, but i
decided to do a clean installation of 7.5 deleting everything on it with a
live cd linux; then tested 7.5 and it says NO disk.

After that i tested Linux, NetBSD, FreeBSD all them where installed
without a problem; But, OBSD 7.3  7.4 7.5 said NO disk!

[ ... ]

So OpenBSD has been correctly installed, thanks so much to maintain it nice!

The problem was with the BIOS, it needs IHCH or something like that to be
recognized!
But it is working now as a xfce Desktop!

Seems to be (not only) a DELL thing: Some time ago I tried an Openbsd
installer on an Alienware computer, ~10 years old, which was sold by
DELL: In UEFI, IIRC, I had to change sata mode from "raid" to "ahci"
to let openbsd detect hard disks on that computer.

Seems to an older issue:
https://daemonforums.org/showthread.php?t=10228
https://www.mail-archive.com/misc@openbsd.org/msg153583.html

IIRC, Debian, Fedora, Windows installed without problems on that machine:
at least in my case it might be a problem with a BIOS version too old for
an openbsd install - not being sure ..
--
Wolfgang