On Sun, Apr 07, 2024 at 05:17:25PM +0200, Wolfgang Pfeiffer wrote:
On Sun, Apr 07, 2024 at 12:03:21AM -0700, lati...@vcn.bc.ca wrote:

So OpenBSD has been correctly installed, thanks so much to maintain it nice!

The problem was with the BIOS, it needs IHCH or something like that to be
recognized!
But it is working now as a xfce Desktop!

Seems to be (not only) a DELL thing: Some time ago I tried an Openbsd
installer on an Alienware computer, ~10 years old, which was sold by
DELL: In UEFI, IIRC, I had to change sata mode from "raid" to "ahci"
to let openbsd detect hard disks on that computer.

Correction: IIRC, at least the USB-thumb with the installer on it was
detected with RAID mode enabled - but that was about it ... ;)
So: no hard disk, no SSD etc. that were detected ...

--
Wolfgang