> [drm] failed to load ucode RLC_RESTORE_LIST_CNTL(0x28) [drm] psp gfx
> command

I have found mention of similar lines output by Linux, even though the issue is
completely different:

https://lore.kernel.org/all/bug-216806-2...@https.bugzilla.kernel.org%2F/T/

there it was reported that

> It turned out with the latest kernel the amd_iommu=off did the trick.

Is there a similar option in OpenBSD which I can try turning off?

Also related:

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/drm/amd/-/issues/2884

although as I said, with OpenBSD I don't have this particular issue of console
"turning bright white" on boot.

Also there is this issue related to Ubuntu:

https://askubuntu.com/questions/1506303/issues-with-mesa-driver-after-update

where it was suggested that the issue is caused by a "mix of files from
different Mesa versions" and the proposed solution was to use ppa-purge to
remove certain graphics drivers. I'm not sure if and how that relates to
OpenBSD.