Hi, I'd just like to report that I found the solution to the issue with GLX. It
was the environment variable

        export LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1

which I read about in some search results about Ungoogled Chromium crashing
(also LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE was suggested as an alternative to try), and added
to my initialization files to try and circumvent that problem. After that, I
completely forgot about it. Apparently, every other program needs both those
variables unset.

My solution was to create a wrapper script for Ungoogled Chromium which sets
the variable, and remove it from the initialization files. After I did that,
all the programs using GLX started working as intended.