I have a laptop and am looking to purchase a second computer. Neither of them
will be connected to The Internet, but will be networked together.

My goal is to study networking, starting with some of the most basic commands
and routines. This will be purely for educational purposes. I may build upon
the network later, perhaps with unconventional devices, but for now I want to
focus just on having two Amd64 machines communicating with one another.

What are some basic networking commands from the base installation or from
ports that would be good for a novice to learn more in-depth?

I have no plans to connect this system to The Internet now or in the future, so
keep that in mind when suggesting.

Book recommendations are most welcome!

Lux of the Agony
720077 Bishkek