> TL,DR:  add the VLAN interface to the veb device configured in /etc/vm.conf
>
> It depends a bit on the role you want your vmm host to play in that
> network.  Everything written below refers to the host, unless otherwise
> specified.

Thanks. I think I follow the basic idea of the setup.

However, it appears to me that the virtual machine interfaces, which
vm.conf(5) appears to constrain to be tap(4) interfaces, will not
automatically have their vnet id set. Instead, each virtual machine will
need to create its own vlan interface.

Is there any way to avoid forcing the virtual machine to do that? To
handle this entirely by the host?

--
jrmu
IRCNow (https://ircnow.org)