On 2024-06-22, Anon Loli <anonl...@autistici.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 22, 2024 at 12:35:56PM -0300, Crystal Kolipe wrote:
>>
>> In theory most of your data would be recoverable from that image, but it
>> would
>> require a lot of work and knowledge of ffs filesystem layout.

At one point I had access to R-Studio for something else (Windows RAID
recovery) and tried pointing it at slightly broken OpenBSD FFS while
I was there to see how it went - much better than I thought it would -
though it was pre FFS2 and I don't have access any more to check if
it's still useful. Might possibly be worth a try (obviously with
a copy not a live drive).

> So what you're saying is that I need a new disk that's at least the size of
> the
> overwritten SSD, and then make an image of sd3 and copy it over to the new
> disk?
> I don't think that I have as you said enough knowledge about FFS...
>
> I can use the other computer that has enough storage space, but I can't
> install
> OpenBSD well, it's the other recent mail with "Installer" in name, if we solve
> that, then I can install OpenBSD on there and gain access to a drive where I
> can then copy over the image of sd3 over ssh then..

If this is really important, I suggest going to buy another drive to
plug in and dd to rather than trying to do anything complicated.