Hi all,

I have a machine that will be placed in a remote location, and have no physical
access to. The connection will be made through ssh only.

I'd like to make it as resilient to failure as possible.

A big concern to me is for a disk failure to happen (say a power outage), and
the machine to be rebooted in single user mode. At that point, the machine has
no network access, and so I lose contact to it.

Is there any way to disable going to single user mode when fsck is not happy?

Is it reasonable to change the /etc/fstab to modify the fsck flag from 1 and 2
to 0, to bypass the fsck checks ?

Alternatively, is there a way to have ssh access in single user mode?

Thanks!
Jake