On Sunday 26 March 2006 21:08, Gabriel George POPA wrote:
> So I
> installed Kde, GNOME, WindowMaker, GIMP, Mozilla etc. They had a lot of
> depencies... What to do, what to do... They should be downloaded and
> installed manually (and I had no time).

export PKG_PATH=<url of closest/fastest mirror>
sudo pkg_add kdebase gnome-session gimp mozilla

Gee, that was hard. Why you'd need all of kde, gnome AND windowmaker on a
webserver is beyond me though.

> So I downloaded the ports
> collection and unpacked it. Then I made a small script where I some
> "make install" for Kde, GNOME etc. knowing that this will also install
> from source all the depencies. Anyway, the process worked very well for
> 3 days. Then, surprise! GNOME and KDE kept crashing from 5 to 5 minutes
> and programs were also crashing all the time.

Sure, there are problems with the KDE port but constantly crashing isnt one of
them. GNOME is quite unstable though. Feel free to fix it.

---
Lars Hansson