Hi,

> It would be lot easier for a business to write a check
> to "OpenBSD" then to "Theo de Raadt".

look, it's really not about making it easier for some big "few letter
companies". If they would have been interested to donate they would've
done it. Making it easier might give some more money from smaller
companies at a price though and this is not the point here.

We as regular users do our share, I bought my CD as with every release since
2.x , will continue to do so and donate something the next weeks.

But even though it helps it's just a drop on the hot stone, we all are
keeping it wet by combined effort but we still need the river to drown it.

So the question here is not optimizing the current process of donation or
merchandise but:

---
How do we get some big company to finally donate the > 100.000 which are
long overdue ?
---

Being friendly doesn't help anymore, one has to find a way to apply
pressure. Just the amount of pressure, not to much, not to little,
so that someone says:

"Okay let's pay so we get some positive feedback instead of this bad
publicity, no use starting a lawsuit against that one."

Obviously being on Slashdot and heise is not enough. More is needed.

That is the only chance, so far nobody found an answer to this, changing
the donation system and inventing merchandise is not the answer.

I don't have the answer either, but maybe this mail stopped a few people
digging in the wrong corner or helped someone dig up the right idea.

bye, siggi.

PS. Please do not see these as a reason to stop donating or buying CDs, we
do not wan't the stone being baked by the sun. Everything counts.