Hi!

On Fri, Mar 31, 2006 at 04:58:28PM -0800, Claus Assmann wrote:
>On Fri, Mar 31, 2006, David Higgs wrote:

>> Another old trick is to let your program eat memory for a good while,
>> and then break into its execution.  Randomly inspect some of the
>> allocated memory your program still holds; there is a very good chance
>> you're looking at leaked structures.  Hopefully you can figure out
>> what those structures are, and track down what's allocating so many.

>Do you know how to find the allocated memory? Is there some "map"
>(linked list?) to access from the debugger?

I'm not sure whether there is a map in OpenBSD's malloc. However,
you could of course change it to output trace stuff similar to what I
described in my other mail, and then couple that trace stuff with gdb
debugging.

How complicated is your code? Perhaps I could try to build and test it
with my malloc tracing stuff.

Kind regards,

Hannah.