On 2026-10-01 19:00, Crystal Kolipe wrote:
On Thu, Oct 01, 2026 at 12:46:00PM -0400, Johan Huldtgren wrote:
On 2026-10-01 16:21, Sylvain Saboua wrote:
>
> Does this mean that there is no alternative to use a fully functional
> device than to rebuild my own kernel ?

You can create /etc/bsd.re-config with these lines to accomplish the same
thing.

$ cat /etc/bsd.re-config
disable upd
disable uhidev

Disabling uhidev is going to prevent any USB keyboards and mice from attaching
as input devices.

So unless the machine is running headless, via serial console, or with non-USB input devices such as PS/2, this isn't going to be a very good solution.

My machine is a headless server and has a PS/2 port in case it needs
maintenance, so I suppose I can go with it. Does simply echoing those two
lines in /bsd.re-config mean that the UPS should work (after rebooting)
and I have nothing else to do ? In other words this is a file that is read
by the system ?

--
Sylvain Saboua
looking for a PDP-11

Reply via email to