---- Original message ----
>Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 02:37:48 +0200
>From: Martin Schrvder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Re: When would you NOT use OpenBSD?
>To: misc@openbsd.org
>
>On 2006-04-05 19:52:16 -0400, Nick Guenther wrote:
>> Slightly offtopic, but ironically a related-page that showed up for
>> this thread is
>> SAP Selects SSH Tectia for Secure Server Access
>> <http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060403/sfm116.html?.v=32> and talks about
>> [bleh]total cost of ownership[/bleh], "extensive product evaluations,
>> competing solutions -- including products based on open-source
>> software", and responsive tech support.
>
>I wonder how much they pay for their 1700 servers plus support?
>List price would be >1M Euro (for licenses only). They could hire
>some OpenSSH developers fulltime for less.

heh. once again demonstrating it's more about people in suits only wanting to
work with more people in suits. having 2 or 3 of the right people for a task is
substantially cheaper than having to pay for all the suits and beauracracy.

"Well-well look. I already told you: I deal with the god damn customers so the
engineers don't have to. I have people skills; I am good at dealing with people.
Can't you understand that? What the hell is wrong with you people?"