On Fri, 28 Apr 2006, Gustavo Rios wrote:

> I could suggest one to avoid ANSI C functions as much as possible.
> Write his/her own ones. Why? The motivation has been stated by you:
> portability concerns.

Only if you believe the code you produce is better than the result of
the effort of hundreds of people over a period of more than 20 years.

People inventing the wheel over and over is nothing more than a waste
of effort and a endless source of bugs.  Effort that instead could
have been spent on providing more C99 features to our libc.

        -Otto