On Fri, 12 May 2006, Spruell, Darren-Perot wrote:

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Is there a way to log update requests from other computers
on the lan?
I'm trying to sync some [EMAIL PROTECTED] workstations and the update
request always
fail--both with it and with other time servers. I can sync
my openbsd
workstation with it no problem, but nothing shows in the logs then,
either.
Thanks for the reply.  I guess I should have made my question more
clear.  I'm more interested in the logging capabilities of
ntpd in server
mode.  Because my OpenBSD workstation can sync to the server, ntpd is
working.  I thought logging might give me some clues about
what is going
on with XP.  So far as I can tell right now, it isn't even
attempting to
contact the server.

You might try a tcpdump on your ntp box and see what (if anything) the
windows systems is sending you.

Ditto on the windows system. (Ethereal? windump?) See if it is even trying
to talk to your ntp server on 123/udp.

DS

Yes, I am an idiot. I forgot that tcpdump is the Swiss Army Knife of sniffing traffic.

Anyway, it's working now. Without me making any additional changes on the windows box.

Thanks to all,

Jeff