Thus spake Jeff Quast ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) [11/05/06 09:22]:
: On 5/11/06, Damian Gerow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
: >I'm not interested in bandwidth limitations, so it looks like priq is
: >likely my best bet.
: [...]
: >Then I create a queue with a bandwidth limit of 700Kbps.
:
: >The man page is a little vague on this point
: "The priq scheduler does not support band-width specification."
:
: huh?

Exactly my point.  The man page states that priq does /not/ support
bandwidth-restricted queues, yet the altq statement has a bandwidth setting
in it (and seems to require it).

So: does priq do bandwidth queueing at all?  Is the altq definition wrong, or
is the manpage misleading?

(Or am I completely missing something here?)

: Use cbq if you want to throttle bandwidth to a limit, something like:

I don't.  That's the point.