Damian Gerow wrote:
> Thus spake Jeff Quast ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) [11/05/06 09:22]:
> > On 5/11/06, Damian Gerow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > I'm not interested in bandwidth limitations, so it looks like
> > > priq is likely my best bet.
> >
> > > Then I create a queue with a bandwidth limit of 700Kbps.
> >
> > > The man page is a little vague on this point
> > "The priq scheduler does not support band-width specification."
> >
> > huh?
>
> Exactly my point.  The man page states that priq does /not/ support
> bandwidth-restricted queues, yet the altq statement has a bandwidth
> setting in it (and seems to require it).
>
> So: does priq do bandwidth queueing at all?  Is the altq definition
> wrong, or is the manpage misleading?
>
> (Or am I completely missing something here?)
>
> > Use cbq if you want to throttle bandwidth to a limit, something
> > like:
>
> I don't.  That's the point.

It would seem altq wants a bandwidth declaration.  However, from man 5
pf.conf:

        If bandwidth is not specified, the interface bandwidth is used.

In any event, all my priq queues appear to simply be prioritized and the
overall outbound bandwidth of all queues, collectively, never exceeds
the altq bandwidth keyword--and this works well for me with the
exception of the annoying PR 4312.