On 5/18/06, Felipe Scarel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I have always had the suspection that desktop software like xmms and firefox
run a bit slower on OpenBSD in comparison with other OS's, but never had a
clue why it happened, or if it was only happening on my machine.

I suspect (and may be completely wrong) that it could be something regarding
process switching latency; let me explain: when compiling Linux
kernel, somewhere
it has an option to change kernel latency, with three options {server,
?, low-latency
desktop} - I forgot the middle one.

Is my guess wrong, should I change login.conf, is there any sysctl to
be changed?
Thanks and don't flame me [too much]. =)

Check the archives regarding Firefox.  It was just discussed within
the last week or two.

Greg