On 5/19/06, Gaby vanhegan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 19 May 2006, at 20:59, Nick Guenther wrote:

> Would hardlinking /home into /var/www/home help? I don't know all the
> details of chroot so I don't know if this would work.

The basic premise is that each user has a websites folder that all
their sites are in.  For example, we would have /home/testuser/
websites in a user's directory, and /var/www/sites/www.x.com in
apache's chroot.  Is it then possible to hard-link from the chroot
into the home directory of the user, and that user still be able to
access their files from a chrooted ftp server (such as the built-in
one) or from an scp client?

Well all a hardlink is is a second entry in the filesystem's tables
pointing at the same place on disk. It seems it should work.

-Nick