On Mon, May 22, 2006 at 11:53:27PM +0100, Craig Skinner wrote:
> *) Mason
> - not practical in chroot without half of CPAN, so what is the point?
>
> I am leaning towards Mason behind a reverse Squid proxy

I would think that if you use mason with mod_perl[1] instead of running
it as a CGI, you don't need anything (even perl) in the chroot.  You do
need to tell Apache to pre-load whatever modules you want to use when it
starts, but I don't recall that being TOO difficult.

It has been a while since I played with mod_perl but that is what I
remember, I could be wrong.  I do know that I am using perl modules from
mod_perl that are not inside the chroot.

[1] http://www.masonbook.com/book/chapter-7.mhtml

l8rZ,
--
andrew - ICQ# 253198 - JID: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

BOFH excuse of the day: There isn't any problem