On Tue, May 23, 2006 at 01:32:59PM -0400, Adam wrote:
> On Tue, 23 May 2006 12:05:45 -0500 (CDT) "L. V. Lammert" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > my personal favorite:
> >
> > > Rails is MVC, so the URL presented to the user HAS NOT page identifier
> > (i.e. only the controller name)!
>
> Uh, there's MVC frameworks in pretty much every language.  Ruby is
> incredibly slow, and lacks internationalization support.
>
> Adam

I looked at Ruby about a year ago and dismissed it then because of
speed. I thought that the overhead of instantiating an object in an
interpreted language was the problem.

At least Java/JSP is partly pre-compiled and has the advantage of strong
data typing. Also, when you declare a final class & use static methods,
the speed increase is noticable - at the cost of extensibility.

Still, Ruby is a nice concept. I'm not discounting it yet as Java has no
real OS level interface due to its platform independance.

Craig.
--
Craig Skinner | http://www.kepax.co.uk | [EMAIL PROTECTED]