Hi Pancho,

> Of course  I will install POP and IMAP

I like courier-imap and courier-pop3. They are in ports.

Perhaps Ilohamail is something for you: http://ilohamail.org/

> This box will host no more than ~200 virtual domains, and some of my
> customers get a LOT of spam as their addresses were harvested and
> sold years ago,  so I guess I will try the spamd first, but I may
> need to get a barracuda gateway filter to lessen the load on the box

Postfix can handle a lot. Besides spamd, you may want to look at postfix'
reject_rbl_client. I use sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org currently with great succes.

Also see:
http://www.postfix.org/uce.html

Good luck... Nico