Was gonna write about this soon. Run into the same problem while
upgrading a machine from 3.5 to 3.9.

running an exec cmd not in a pty is broken in stunnel since they
added --enable-ipv6 in OpenBSD 3.7.

It fails in make_sockets() in client.c. I could make it work by not
using --enable-ipv6. Was gonna try by undefining INET_SOCKET_PAIR
in client.c to see if that worked but got sidetracked.

I didn't debug the program to see what was wrong. This is what I
figured from ktracing it.

--
Hugo Villeneuve <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://EINTR.net/