for it to reboot.  Every time I do this though, trying to look at the
dump using gdb I get:

(gdb) target kvm /var/crash/bsd.3.core
#0  0xd0448f25 in dumpsys ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0xd0448f25 in dumpsys ()
#1  0xd0448bf6 in boot ()
#2  0xd02f00d4 in db_boot_dump_cmd ()
#3  0xd02efbd3 in db_command ()
#4  0xd02eff2e in db_command_loop ()
#5  0xd02f2dae in db_trap ()
#6  0xd044550b in kdb_trap ()
#7  0xd0455399 in trap ()
#8  0xd0200f26 in alltraps ()
#9  0x00000000 in ?? ()

The panics show up in /var/log/messages as:
savecore: reboot after panic: free: duplicated freea
and
savecore: reboot after panic: amap_wipeout: corrupt amap

Any ideas why the dumps I get are no good?  This laptop has been
upgraded to various snapshots several times over the last few years
(currently its a may 10th snapshot), so I may have messed something up
when upgrading at some point.

Thanks
Adam