Joachim Schipper wrote:

> Why the CF? It's slow, and relatively expensive. It's good for embedded
> systems, but if you already have a huge disk, use that.

hmmmm I can see your point. Its only a thought at the moment but the reason
i am looking in this direction is:
If the OS is seperated from the files and i decide to upgrade the storage
HDD, i dont have to format and reinstall/setup the OS and the relevant
applications.

CF is slow, i agree with you, but how much crunching will the OS do ?
I suppose i wont be able to have a swap file on the CF as it will destroy it
quickly. Will have to pack it full of RAM.

Thoughts welcome.
Regards

G_N