After summarizing all the clues I think I'll give a
chance to OpenVPN + OpenBSD 3.9 combination primarily
due to questionable quality of windows clients
IPsec+IP stack (as I said in my first post - windows
clients will comprise about 99% of all my VPN client
base).

The differentiation between OS (OpenBSD) and the
service (OpenVPN package) will be clearly stated to
the upper management, including OpenBSD's proactive-
and overall security reputation. Also, as this VPN
service will be added to our existing service
monitoring framework, and as the great majority of
clients will be our own system administrators (VPN
will be used for remote access in the case of
interventions), this combination should probably
suffice. The VPN service will not be sold to external
clients.

Thanks to everyone for valuable opinions and comments!

j.
http://mail.yahoo.com