2006/7/29, andrew fresh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
One thing I ran into is that bioctl needs to run as root to get access
to /dev/bio, even for read only access.  Is there a way to query bioctl
without needing root?

Well, I think you only need the status of the drives and that is
availlable using sysctl hw.sensors in current (you already mentioned
sysctl). A monitoring system should not use the capabilities of
bioctl, it just needs to know the status and report that.

Now that I think of it, I should add support to the upwatch monitoring
system too, but I am not that lucky to have hardware to actually test
it :-)

Wijnand