Von: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Im Auftrag von Ryan Corder
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 3. August 2006 21:08
An: Jeff Quast
Cc: misc@openbsd.org
Betreff: Re: WPA support / creating a cf image

On Thu, 2006-08-03 at 14:47 -0400, Jeff Quast wrote:
> I understand this is a problem of target systems translating C/H/S
> values differently. There is no problem in dynamicly using OpenBSD's
> idea of C/H/S values at build time. However, OpenBSD on two different
> machines can provide completely different C/H/S values on the exact
> same card. Correct me if im wrong.
>
> I don't think rolling your own would help in this way.
>
> I've heavily modified flashdist.sh to work in a different manner... I
> don't like the idea of building a "complete system" thats a mangled
> version of OpenBSD that needs to be maintained and provided for you.
> This is the common 'giving the people what they want' distrobution
> format, and making those of us who want to modify it even the
> slightest bit work that much harder.
>
> I've changed the format of flashdist to accept an "overlay/"
> directory, containing any /etc/, /bsd, /usr/local, etc. additions or
> changes to overlay over the target CF card after a default install
> (extracting basesets).

that's exactly where I was going with it.  I too have heavily modified
flashdist.sh for my own needs and my stuff sounds similar to yours...an
overlay type of setup.

the problem that the original poster is facing is that the script he is
using does everything for him...including setting up and partitioning
the CF.  What would be nice is for similar script or program that just
gathered everything up that is required for the system to run and create
an image out of that.  Let the user handle setting up the individual CF
cards and just provide an image of the "hard drive" contents to be
flashed over via dd.

--
Ryan Corder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Systems Engineer, NovaSys Health LLC.

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pgp-signature which had
a name of signature.asc]