On 8/16/06, Ioan Nemes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>> Jaye Mathisen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 08/17 9:25 am >>>

> We switched from SCSI to SATA, and have seen no significant
difference in
> reliability ....

You didn't looked hard enugh!

> .... and a whole lot of savings in $'s.

Not on the long term, very bad purchasing decision!

> But we don't buy the cheapest POS drive at the lowest pricepoint
> on pricewatch.com either.

Don't confuse technology with cost!

> In short, the SCSI is better theory may be true for a short while
longer,
> but is more likely just the result of inertia, and bad experiencese
with
> cheap crappy IDE drives on crappy controllers, not quality
components.

Go away and do your homework first!  Or better, get a job in
marketing!

Interesting.  A bunch of venom and not a single fact.  I work for a
company that has more employees than the population of your fair city,
we use plenty of SATA in mission critical applications, and I really
don't think that's going to change.

Greg