On 06/09/06, Woodchuck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wed, 6 Sep 2006, Edd Barrett wrote:
>
> > > You'll need to send a more detailed email to misc@
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > Tom
> > >

> > The /etc/ttys line reads:
> >
> > tty00   "/usr/libexec/getty std.9600"   vt100   on  secure
> >
> > Which according to the faq is fine?
> > http://openbsd.org/faq/faq7.html#SerCon
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Edd
>
> You'll need to use a null modem cable from the terminal to the computer.
> Your original symptoms sound vaguely like you're not using a null
> modem cable.

If it works with the sun box, I assumed it's the correct cable?

Is getty running?

yes

 (Did you HUP init?)

yes. "ttyflags -a && kill -HUP 1"

Is getty respawning very
> rapidly?

nope.  As  i said, if i change the device to cua00 it almost runs properly.

Small semantic note in the interests of clarity: it's called a
> "terminal" not a "console".  This was confusing some, maybe.
> ("Console" is a function, i.e. used for booting, receives certain
> system messages.  "Terminal" is a thing; a terminal may be used
> as a "console", but also may be used as a simple login device.)

Thanks. It's something I  don't have any experience in  tbh.

Dave
> --
> Experience runs an expensive school, but fools will learn in no other.
>                        -- Benjamin Franklin

Best Regards

Edd