Looks like you're experiencing the same quirk that me and another gentlemen
have.  We all have rl interfaces on cable modems.

I replaced my rl with a different interface and have had no problems since.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Matthew R. Dempsky
Sent: Wednesday, September 20, 2006 1:37 PM
To: misc@openbsd.org
Subject: Re: mbuf leak with rl

On Wed, Sep 20, 2006 at 10:29:10AM -0500, Karle, Chris wrote:
> That looks suspect to me; that seems like a lot for cable modem level
> traffic.
>
> I'd check if your mbufs number ever goes down.

I've rechecked the output of netstat -m occasionally since then, and I
haven't seen them go down at all--only steadily increase.  As of typing this
email, the output is:

$ netstat -m
3616 mbufs in use:
        3593 mbufs allocated to data
        6 mbufs allocated to packet headers
        17 mbufs allocated to socket names and addresses
855/870/6144 mbuf clusters in use (current/peak/max)
2656 Kbytes allocated to network (98% in use) 0 requests for memory denied 0
requests for memory delayed 0 calls to protocol drain routines